Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Out of Control

Ok, I give - God, You are in control, not me. It is not about me, it is all about YOU. I received an email this morning that my Sudan sons schedule has been altered so that they can come and spend some extended time with us. The Guatemala stove project is just crazy - I have no idea where to go from here with six+ people needing stoves in Solola. I talked at length with Choctaw County and the stories will break your heart. Everyone is cramped for money due to the economy slump - but we are by no means poor. We are RICH!

Snowman asked his flower to wait for him today or yesterday (its a different day here than in Sudan) with a promise of his return to marry her. How exciting this must be for "A", thousands of miles away with only a promise. Life is so different in every country and God made and planned it ALL.

I know from Bullen and Andrew's perspective - It is a big task understanding our culture, its a big task learning to like our food or even knowing what you are eating, it a big task learning to study in our colleges, its a big task being away from your family, its not easy being cold instead of hot, its a big task making new friends who understand you, its a big task understanding our slang. As I sit and think about these precious young men who are pressing on toward the goal for Christ Jesus and have put their very lives in His hands with much FAITH. I am so thankful that I have been able to witness the example they have set for many to see. Thank You Jesus!

Scatter Christ
Lisa

No comments: