Friday, December 5, 2008

I Found JUNIA

Junia is a precious girl that I met will working in the slums of Belo Horizonte, Brazil. I had to tell her during my last visit there in 2005, I could not be her mom. I love this girl so much.

Stephanie Feitosa sent me this email today.....

Lisa,
I just wanted to tell you that I found Junia. I told Bel to get the word out that I was looking for her. and she showed up at the LightHouse looking for me. It seems as though she left for a while but now she is back in the same area, but with her father. Yesterday I went to her house to visit her home. Very simple but SHE keeps it very neat and tighty. I told her that you were crazy to contact her. So she wrote you a letter and sent you a picture and I lot lots of pictures of her for you. I haven’t downloaded them yet. But she is so cute. I actually became very proud of her, after she started speaking of how the LightHouse had helped her find the Lord and continue to seek after the Lord. Even though she is no longer in the Project. I saw some really good fruit in her that came from our work at the lighthouse. I will try and call you because she has said a lot in this letter of hers and the thing is that her birthday is coming soon and she wants to talk to you on that date, and the letter will not get to you by then.

She is crazy crazy to see you Lisa. She asked if you could come down for Christmas….I said it isn’t likely. Maybe at a later time though. You are mommy to her. Ya, I realized that. The mommy that she never had and still does not have. It looks like her mother still has not changed a bit. But Junia has faith in God that some day she will come back home. Poor thing. She is so precious Lisa. Very sweet girl. So much that it scares me because of the environment she lives in. Anyway, we got to get together to talk about her. Ok. my phone is now working, I will see if I can call you soon.

Hope this news makes you happy! It did me!
Love ya Lala.
Steph

No comments: