Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!


America’s love affair with Dr. Seuss is not going anywhere. I mean, who can match the cleverness found in his writing?
"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go..."
 -- Dr. Seuss (Oh, the Places You'll Go!)
"From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere!"
My Many Colored Days. Each page portrays a vibrant water color painting in a different color and uses it to simplistically describe a common human emotion.

Kids and adults alike can relate to the description of these days:

Gray Day… Everything is gray.
I watch.  
But nothing moves today

Then comes a Yellow Day.
I am a busy, buzzy bee.
Today, was one of those days swirling with color for me just as Seuss describes,
Then comes a Mixed-Up Day.
And wham!
I don’t know who or what I am
Who knows what colors tomorrow will bring?
The Bottom Line:
It’s Dr. Seuss. Can you really go wrong with a book that gets the complexities of life – some days are gray and some days are pink. Need we really say more? Volumes and volumes have been written to say what Seuss said magically in a child’s picture book.

No comments: