Thursday, June 10, 2010

Worth Working FOR

Below is a note send to Rick on FB from one of his youth that he has been Showing, Sharing, Teaching and Serving for 5 years. He started with a group of young men in the 6th grade and they are now finishing their Sophomore year of High school. Tyler, I am so thankful that God allowed me to be part of your life.
From Tyler Nix: June 9, 2010 at 1:04pm
Miss you
Hey Mr. Rick its Tyler Nix. You probably could not guess where I am right now? Mwanza, Tanzania on a mission trip. Well I guess coming back from a mission trip. I had a great opportunity to go to Africa with a pastor we know down in East Lake. He is a native from Ukara island in Tanzania on lake Victoria. We traveled the island visiting churches and holding evangelistic services. I stood up and shared my testimony in front of 400 people once. I remember back in Guatemala when you first asked me to share my testimony. I was scared out of my socks. But I am so glad you asked me. Now it wasnt a problem at all. Thank you so much for everything you have done and affected my life. I miss you so much. Thank you for pouring your life into mine to make me who I am today. I can honestly say if it wasnt for you and Mr. Robin continually pressing me to get in the Word and teaching to use my life as a service to God, I would not be the same person I am today. I love God so much. I find it enjoyable to read Gods word. And any moment I find that I can serve someone I jump at it as fast as I can. after I get back from Africa I have 5 solid days till I go off again and serve for a month as a workcrew helper at Sharptop Cove. Its a younglife camp. I love you and I just wanted to thank you for everything you have done. I havent really been able to Thank you officially yet. I hope you are having a great summer. And I hope everything is going great for you and your family.

No comments: