Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Surprise Surprise

After a restless Monday night - trying to wind down from an Alexander Monday - anticipation of Rick going out of town on Tuesday morning early - Thanking God that He was with us on Monday every step of the way - Phone rings and we have a new grand-baby - Baby Jace arrived 10 days early and he is perfect. Rick left for Anniston with plans to see Jace upon his return down I-20. Reynolds changed his plans and he retreated home to complete his work. When I arrived at work this morning, the road and entrance was blocked to our office - natural gas leak - so I park "the pearl" in a no parking zone along with many others (no excuse) and go to the 4th floor. I left work early to get home for Bible study at our house at 5:30pm. As I opened the door to the outside to leave - my cars right front corner and side panel was smashed! I gasped, looked at my dad who was beside me and simply could not believe what I was seeing. I reached for my cell phone to call the police and my cell phone was not working (I already knew this as we had been working with ATT all day to get it fixed) but it was a non-thinking response. I rang the doorbell to our office - left a message to call the police, cancel my appointment and call my husband.

Homeless James shows up - walking down the road singing "Help me Jesus" to the top of his lungs. He was really funny as he proceeded to guess who hit my car and took off. I think he knows everyone on this street in downtown Birmingham. Waiting, waiting for the police - no hurry for them on a parked car dent. My sister walked around the car and there stuck way down in the driver window was a business card. On the back was written "i saw who hit your car". Thank you Jesus! Finally, two officers arrive to make a police report. I explained why I was parked in this location, gave them my drivers license and insurance information and the business card. The officer explained that I had to contact the witness and then make a supplement report to attach to the original. I did make my appointment and arrived home 5 minutes before our first Bible study member.

After the leader arrived, Rick and I dashed to the hospital to see Richard, Leslie and baby Jace. We are so thankful for such a wonderful and precious family. Rick and I both held and kissed Jace on his first day on earth - we know that God has a plan for him - as He does for each and every one of us. We left hospital around 8pm - it was cold, wet and rainy - we were starving, but God blessed us so much today.

No comments: