Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Alexander Day


In reference to an Alexander Day - Here is the story - it is a book that I read to my children when they were growing up. I was first introduced to this book in a youth group at Shades Crest Baptist Church. Our Youth Pastor, Danny Thetford, used this book as an example of all of our complaints in the flesh. I think I can still recite the majority of this book and I certainly will never forget it. Alexander thinks he will move to Australia - some days that doesn't sound to bad....

From the moment he wakes up with gum in his hair, things just do not go Alexander's way. At breakfast, Alexander's brothers Nick and Anthony reach into their cereal boxes and pull out amazing prizes, while all Alexander ends up with is . . . cereal. His teacher doesn't like his drawing of an invisible castle, there is no dessert in his lunch, the dentist tells him he has a cavity, there is kissing on TV, and he has to wear his railroad train pajamas (he hates his railroad train pajamas). No wonder Alexander wants to move to Australia! The book ends with his mother's assurance that everyone has bad days, even people who live in Australia.

No comments: