Monday, August 20, 2012

Potter's Hand

The last few weeks have been really tough for Rick and I.  Just to be honest we feel like the world is crashing down around us.

My sweet husband was fired from his job by his oldest son (hurt & dishonor is an understatement).  We have until August 31st and are praying for God's direction. Thankful that God is sovereign and sits on the Throne!

We received a water bill for several hundred dollars (surprise), we called the plumber - no leaks in the house, we called American Leak Detection (several hundred more dollars) and with nitrogen and a headset they searched for a leak. They listened for hours and reported the leak was under the rose bushes right outside the garage door. Next we called the plumber to come back and fix what nitrogen assured us.  Plumber dug up rose bush and tossed onto driveway - no leak - its under the driveway no less - We didn't have to dig up driveway Thank you Lord - copper pipe was rotted and we lost over 49,000 gallons of water - pipe replaced. Whew!, but Thankful for running water.

We receive word that our Sudanese children do not have enough money to continue their education and they are still in South Sudan visiting. Thankful for brown children that we have adopted into our family.

Several days later our toilet in guest bathroom ruined the hardwood floors - seal is broken - call plumber to fix (another hundred dollars).  Thankful for toilets and floors, our children in South Sudan have neither.

Our oldest son finds out they are expecting a precious new baby!  Praise the Lord, He is good and gives us new life.

We travel to Choctaw County Alabama to help a new church plant with Rock the Block. We return on Sunday night late and Monday morning I have ringworm!  You have got to be kidding me. Lotrimin and I are spending our nights together. Thankful for the opportunity to serve in this rural community.

Our youngest son's TB test for school shows up after 36 hours as a positive.  It was a False Positive.  Thankful and Praises to You our King!

We are packing to take our youngest back to college and find out that our storage room is full of water.  OK - at this point we might drown in this house.  We call the plumber - hot water heater regulator is broken (few more hundred dollars). Thankful for our home that the Lord has provided.

Our yorkie of 9.5 years decides that her hip doesn't work anymore, so she is limping around the house on 3 legs.  NO we are not having surgery and she will have to just limp, but we carry her when we can and baby her continuously. 

Our friends from Troy deliver a new baby - Henley Brooke Yarbrough - She is born with OI - brittle bone disease.  She lives one week - Thank you Jesus for this wonderful week and Your love for Henley.

Rick went to cut the grass on Friday - lawn mowers wheel came completely off and is beyond repair.  Rick tries to cut the grass with a three-wheeled mower by holding up the mower and cutting, impossible, Rick drives to borrow mower, returns and cuts grass, returns mower, gets weedeater out to finish the yard, gas line breaks into and is non repairable, goes to Lowe's to purchase new one and 6 hours later he has finished our small yard!  Thankful for resources and our abilities.

As I was working today, God provided this Hillsong song to give me comfort!

Beautiful Lord, Wonderful savior
I know for sure all of my days are held in your hands
Crafted into your perfect plans

You gently called me into your presence
Guiding me by Your Holy Spirit
Teach me dear Lord to live all of my life
Through your eyes

I'm captured by your holy calling
Set me apart. I know you're drawing me to yourself
lead me, Lord. I pray

Oh Take me, mold me, use me, fill me
I give my life to the potter's hand

Oh Call me, guide me, lead me, walk beside me
I give my life to the potter's hand

You gently call me into your presence 
Guiding me by your holy spirit 
Teach me dear lord to live all of my life through your eyes

I'm captured by your holy calling
Set me apart. I know you're drawing me to yourself
lead me, Lord. I pray

Oh Take me, mold me, use me, fill me
I give my life to the potter's hand

Oh Call me, guide me, lead me, walk beside me
I give my life to the potter's hand

Pray with us........  The Mitchell's

1 comment:

Carrie said...

We are praying for you guys. I know that things seem overwhelming now but we can rejoice in the fact that these things are only for a little while. This life is just a moment but eternity awaits! Praise God!! We are here if you need us!