Monday, October 25, 2010

True Living Water!



My husband is on a mission trip in Mundri, Sudan.  Here is the report that I received today from the wife of the team leader. 
Mark Whitehead (team leader) was really excited when he called today.  He said he could tell that family and friends were praying for the team.  

Today Events:
- Mark took the guys and drove to Mundri where they were beginning to drill (above) in the village.  The well will be located between a church and a school in the area.  He said the guys loved seeing this process.


- Spencer (team leader) stayed in Lui (above) with the girls.  They were able to teach the women in the village about community health.  But, their main focus was on the gospel.  Mark said the teaching time went great and that the ladies in the village loved it!  

- Spencer also took some guys into 2 other villages today.

From being there 2 years ago, I (Sherri) know how exciting it is to teach the women in a community.  They have such a loving spirit and are so eager to learn.  I also understand what a joy and excitement it is to see a whole village come out to say thanks for providing them clean water.  It is at that time, that the teams are able to teach the village about the True Living Water!  

Let's pray that John 6:35 would become a reality to many this week.

Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst."

A short message from my hubby:  A long day, but a God day. ILUwamh.

No comments: