Friday, August 6, 2010

Kill the Spider!

I read this today and it totally exemplified what I have been experiencing lately with stress and worry. I am the biggest worrier ever and I give it to My Lord all the time, but then it creeps back little by little.

I suffer with anxiety, known professionally as GAD (Generalized Anxiety Disorder)
My heart begins beating really fast and I become light headed.
My hands tingle and my face burns.
I fear that I will lose control.
The truth is I won’t lose control.
That’s because I am not in control.
So I don’t have it to lose.
I only think I am.

You have your thing. You are fighting so hard to maintain control of it. It might not take the form of anxiety. But it takes the form of something. Something that you take “control” of that belongs to God. The manifestation is not the sin. My anxiety symptoms are not the sin. Your depression symptoms is not the sin. Your constant focus on the problem is not the sin. They are symptoms of the sin.

The sin of wanting to be God in your life instead of letting God be God. So instead of praying for God to clean the cobwebs out of your life. Just ask God to kill the spider.

Kill the spider!

Thank you, Jesus, for amazing, honest, raw, inspirational, unashamed, unafraid people to challenge my faith everyday. Lord, You know our problems long before they are our “problems.” I ask You right now to kill the spider, and give me the strength and the faith to depend FULLY on you. I love You and worship You. I am in awe of Your Grace… Amen.

No comments: