Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Crazy Love!

As I traveled to South Beach Miami two weeks ago - I took this book by Francis Chan with me to finish on the flight. On my return flight, I was on close to the end and a young individual [twenties] sat down beside me. What are you reading? Crazy Love. Is that a love story? Not between two people but a love story about loving God like crazy. The individual looked away. By the accent, I assumed I was sitting by someone from another country. ME: Where are you from? Guatemala. Oh Wow! I love love Guatemala and have traveled there 8 times to love on the Mayan Indians and orphans around Lake Attilan. This began our conversation about home, life, love, religion and who we worship. We talked the entire flight [I did not read the last chapter]. As our plane landed and was taxiing to the gate, I handed Crazy Love to this individual and told them to please please read this on your next flight to Connecticut.

Lord, Please use Crazy Love to bring glory to Yourself and draw this person close to You. I love You.

image: god is love

Does something deep inside your heart long to break free from the status quo? Are you hungry for an authentic faith that addresses the problems of our world with tangible, even radical, solutions? God is calling you to a passionate love relationship with Himself. Because the answer to religious complacency isn't working harder at a list of do's and don'ts — it's falling in love with God. And once you encounter His love, as Francis describes it, you will never be the same.


Because when you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything.



No comments: