Thursday, May 20, 2010

Fork in the ROAD

What in the world is a fork in the ROAD? Well, it is a place we come to in our life where we must decide to go one way or another. God always has the perfect path, but do we always follow His path? Sometimes we go through doors that are open and we shouldn't and sometimes God closes the door before we can walk through. Sometimes we think we are going in the right direction, only to find out later that it wasn't correct at all. When sin is involved - we always know the turn in the opposite direction and RUN to the other side of the fork. The answer is not always easy. There are so many forks in the road facing my family today. My mind thinking about each one and calling on God, thinking about another, calling on God. I know I am not suppose to worry, but Just Saying - There is a Fork in the ROAD.

Here are our forks, if anyone would like to pray with us for wisdom.

1. My junior in college is waiting on acceptance into ATEP. If yes, the he will proceed to be an Athletic Trainer, if no, a new profession must be chosen.

2. My oldest son is at a point in a relationship - Marriage or DONE.

3. My Sudanese boys must make greater-than 80 in their one summer class to remain in America for their education. If their grade is less-than 80 - no degree from USA.

4. My husband is between a rock and a hard place in his current job. Change in management, economy, and responsibilities - a decision has to be made on which fork do we take.

5. My JBG has just finished his freshman year. He made a wrong choice which took him on part of the fork he didn't intend to travel. Now his life decisions are in front of him. Army or School with no job, money, car or home.

MAX LUCADO-When God Whispers Your Name

Each Day. . .

It's quiet. It's early. My coffee is hot. The day is coming.

In a few moments the day will arrive. It will roar down the track with the rising of the sun. The stillness of the dawn will be exchanged for the noise of the day. The calm of solitude will be replaced by the pounding pace of the human race. The refuge of the early morning will be invaded by decisions to be made and deadlines to be met.

For the next twelve hours I will be exposed to the day's demands. It is now that I must make a choice.

Because of Calvary, I'm free to choose. And so I choose.


I CHOOSE .LOVE,. . .

No occasion justifies hatred; no injustice warrants bitterness. I choose love. Today I will love God and what God loves.

I CHOOSE JOY. . .

I will invite my God to be the God of circumstance. I will refuse the temptation to be cynical. . . the tool of the lazy thinker. I will refuse to see people as anything less than human beings, created by God. I will refuse to see any problem as anything less than an opportunity to see God.

I CHOOSE PEACE. . .

I will live forgiven. I will forgive so that I may live.

I CHOOSE PATIENCE. . .

I will overlook the inconveniences of the world. Instead of cursing the one who takes my place, I'll invite him to do so. Rather than complain that the wait is too long, I will thank God for a moment to pray. Instead of clinching my fist at new assignments, I will face them with joy and courage.
I CHOOSE KINDNESS. . .

I will be kind to the poor, for they are alone. Kind to the rich, for they are afraid. And kind to the unkind, for such is how God has treated me.

I CHOOSE GOODNESS. . .

I will go without a dollar before I take a dishonest one. I will be overlooked before I will boast. I will confess before I will accuse. I choose goodness.

I CHOOSE FAITHFULNESS. . .

Today I will keep my promises. My debtors will not regret their trust. My associates will not question my word. My wife will not question my love. And my children will never fear that their father will not come home.

I CHOOSE GENTLENESS. . .

Nothing is won by force. I choose to be gentle. If I raise my voice may it be only in praise. If I clench my fist, may it be only in prayer. If I make a. demand, may it be only of myself

I CHOOSE SELF-CONTROL. . .

I am a spiritual being. . . . After this body is dead, my spirit will soar. I refuse to let what will rot, rule the eternal. I choose self-comrol. I will be drunk only by joy. I will be impassioned only by my faith. I will be influenced only by God. I will be taught only by Christ. I choose self-control.

Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. To these I commit my day. If I succeed, I will give thanks. In fail, I will seek his grace. And then, when this day is done, I will place my head on my pillow and rest.

No comments: