Monday, April 12, 2010

COPS are here!

What a crazy day. I went to pick up some fabric for J. Edwards Interiors today in Trussville, Alabama. The fabric was a controversy from the beginning, but knowing our company was correct and we owned the fabric, I went to pick it up. Upon arriving at the store, I politely asked the clerk for the fabric from our company. She called the owner on the phone to ask where it was located, but the owner asked to speak to me. Clerk handed me the phone and on the other end was a very unhappy man using profanity and asking for his check. I told him that I had mailed his check the previous Wednesday and that I would not tolerate his language. This whole conversation led to a two hour wait in his lobby for our fabric. I overheard the employees calling the police department. OK - this is going to be insane if I go to jail over some piece of material! The police arrived, asked me to leave the premises and not return. They were very kind, but stated that if I wanted my fabric that would have to be taken up in civil court. You have got to be kidding me. I return to the office only to have a phone call from our bank that someone is trying to cash the check which we had reported stolen. It was the crazy man who called the police - he wanted cash, but yet he would not give me my fabric. It day continued to get even worse. I arrived home to a husband who hates his job and is so frustrated with the mega company he works for. Bullen was desperately wanting to go and wire money for John would was sick in Sudan. Today, everyone needed a piece of me.

I love my job. I love to be needed as a mother and a wife. I love the life that God has given me. I am so thankful that I have children and a sweet spouse to love. Even in the hustle and bustle of it all, I am so THANKFUL to GOD for all He has done for me.

No comments: