Monday, April 5, 2010

BBolden

This morning I called "BBolden" to say hello. She had gallbladder surgery last Friday and has been in a good bit of pain. Four of her seven children were in Birmingham for the weekend and were out of school today for a teacher's workday. As she answered the phone, I knew something was wrong. She was bathing the baby and picking up the house last night and ripped open her incision from surgery. It took her hours to stop the bleeding and her pain has intensified. I recommended she return to the hospital or at the very least call them for some advise.

As I sat down for supper tonight, my phone rang with the MS area code. Oh know, what in the world. I called "BB" back and she could barely talk. She asked for a favor. I agreed. She wanted to know if I would please take care of her children if something happened to her. I became mute. I didn't really know how to respond. She was sobbing so hard that I could not understand a single word coming from her mouth after the first sentence. She calmed a little and began to thank me for loving her and her children. She told me that no one ever loved her and Ranolpho would wait until the middle of the night and then begin to degrade and mistreat her.

I reminded "BB" that God knew her before she was born and loved her unconditionally. We prayed for strength and peace. I asked Josh to get her a cold wet cloth for her face. I asked Jacob to please feed the baby. During this conversation, I realized that she has not eaten in days, she is in so much pain, seven children needed a bath and to be put to bed, and that she was tired, weary, bleeding and scared. OK, Josh (12) has to take control. I talked to Josh again and told him to please (1) make mom a peanut butter sandwich (2) put the little guys to bed for school and (3) love on your mom and tell her it's going to be OK.

Heavenly Father,
Thank You for my sons and husband! Thank You for my family and friends. Thank You for loving me. Be with "BB" and her children and draw them close to You. Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, Oh Lord my strength and my Redeemer.

1 comment:

Haven and Home said...

Oh Lala, this made me so sad for her and happy that she has you to share your faith with her.