Sunday, January 4, 2009

NOLA - New Orleans LA

The Sugar Bowl is an annual American college football bowl game played in the Louisiana Superdome in New Orleans, Louisiana. The Sugar Bowl has been played annually since December 2, 1934, and celebrated its 75th anniversary in 2009.

Wesley and Spencer went to the Sugar Bowl to see Alabama vs Utah. Wesley and Spencer both had many friends in New Orleans. This email below was sent to Wesley from a great friend, Ron Patterson.

Wesley,
Thank you for everything you did to make the trip enjoyable for all of us. The hotel was great. The rooms were nice and comfortable. The beds were really nice – too bad Spencer would not know much about that. We were in a good location and very convenient to everything. You picked some good places to eat. Desire’s was one of the better places in NO. I also think the Bourbon Street Oyster Bar had outstanding food – once we got it. You took care of everybody, even little brother and juggled being with us and your friends and work buddies. I appreciate all you did. I hope you had a good time and had enough time for you to enjoy yourself. The game could have been much better for us, but it still was a good trip. Being able to spend time with you made it a good memory for me. Pam and Stuart and I all had a great time.

I believe that I remember your Mom saying that your name meant “gift from God”. It is clear that is how she sees you. I am sure you have heard that from her many times. You are a special gift from God to me also. I am grateful God has let you be a part of my life. I never tire of just being with you. I pray for you that you will be pleasing to God all of your days. I ask for you to have a desire for holiness, even at the sacrifice of happiness. I ask God to not let you settle for anything less than His best and that He will give you relationships with people who will challenge you to be a man of God that honors Him in everything you do. I ask God to make your heart crave the things of His heart and that you will not settle for or choose first the lures of this world. I ask for His truth to have a firm root in your soul and grow to produce eternal fruit. You are a special gift from God and I hope He will make you special for His purpose and His kingdom.

No comments: