Thursday, November 27, 2008

ThanksGIVING

Our two unmarried children are home for Thanksgiving and we are so blessed to be able to spend time with them.  I got up to start the food for the day, watched a little of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.  The men all washed their cars as it was a beautiful sunny day out.  My mom and dad came over (Joe and Ellen Murchison) right before noon to eat with us.  Football, food and fellowship was a big part of our day.  I received a "blocked" phone call on my cell phone early afternoon - a little hesitant to answer - I said Hello.  "Mama, this is snowman and I miss you." It was one of my Sudan boys in Wadley.  They had finished eating their first real Thanksgiving in America with a large family and learned so many of our traditions (turkey, dressing, mucho food). It was such a blessing to hear from Bullen.  Our two married children and grandchildren were going to come over this evening, but the little ones were very tired - so they called for a raincheck.

As I sit here tonight, I want to thank my Heavenly Father for all of my many blessings. Thank you for My Mate - I love him with all of my heart and he is a wonderful husband, father and grandfather. Thank you for our children (Richard, Joanna, Wesley & Spencer).  Thank you for our grandchildren (Kainaan, Josiah, Elijah, Caleb, Libby, Maleah & Jace).  Father, thanks for our home and food that you have provided.  I thank you so much for my friends and faith family. I am thankful for our health and jobs.  Lord, I ask that You bless and make women after Your heart the spouses of Wesley, Spencer, Bullen (Anita), & Andrew - You already know their names.  I love You with all of my heart and I praise Your name for all that You have provided. 
Scatter Christ
Lisa

No comments: